Best Drone for Photography and Videography
Today, more and more photographers are buying drones to take aerial shots and improve their shooting skills. Drones are everywhere now, and they are available in just every size and shape. If you are looking for the best drone for photography, then count on us to help you out.
In buying a drone for photography, there are a lot of factors to consider, including battery life, image and video resolution, raw file format, camera sensor, connectivity, control, budget, and so much more. Each photography drone has its own set of features, pros, and cons. Let us take a close look at each of them to know which one suits your preferences the best.
Best Drone for Photography: Our Top Three Picks
For years, drones were used for military surveillance. Fast-forward to the last few years, and they were already developed to capture images and videos. The problem, though, is that they are too expensive that not all people can afford them. Are you looking for a good drone that won’t break the bank?
Below, check out our top three best drone for photography that are easy to use and maneuver, making them perfect for both kids and adult users.
The SereneLife WiFi FPV Drone
- TAKE HD VIDEOS & PHOTOS - Experience outstanding views at a high altitude up to 650+ ft and take amazing shots and videos in 720p High Definition (1280 x 720 Pixels @ 30fps). You can benefit from this SereneLife Drone as a beginner or expert flying steadily at any field for up to 15 minutes
- EXCEPTIONAL MANEUVERABILITY - Our Quadcopter exceeds great performance that goes beyond expectations when it comes to actual flight, maneuverability, power and speed. It is equipped with 2.4Ghz wireless controller frequency technology and solid drone remote control one-button operation. You can take videos and photos with WiFi connectivity with REAL-TIME FPV Video Transmission distance of up to 200+ ft
- HEADLESS MODE FUNCTIONALITY - What makes our drone the BEST choice for beginners and intermediates is our integrated headless mode which allows you to worry less about the drones orientation and direction, this means the direction will be the same as your transmitter.
- 15 MIN DRONE FLIGHT TIME AND EXTRA BATTERY: Unlike your average camera drones & gadgets, this one has been engineered to stay in the air for extra long 15 minute intervals. The longer flight time and extra battery allows you to see, record & survey more land or scenery for 30 minutes!!!
- ENJOY THE AERIAL VIEWS OR YOUR MONEY BACK - Our product is backed by 100% Money Back No Questions-Asked Guarantee so you can buy with confidence. If for any reason you're not happy with your quadcopter, ship it back to us for a replacement or we'll refund every penny
Coming in at two models—with WiFi and without WiFi—the SenereLife WiFi FPV Drone is one of the most cost-effective drones in the market. This is due to its functionality, remarkable features, and price. Even though it’s quite affordable, do not let the price fool you. This drone has so much to offer both for photography and drone enthusiasts.
The SereneLife WiFi FPV Drone can fly as high up as 650 feet as well as take and record photos and videos using its 1.0-megapixel camera. The resulting photos and videos boast an astounding 720p high-definition resolution.
Aside from that, this drone can stay in the air for up to 15 minutes too, so long as it stays at a steady angle and altitude. With its remote control feature and 2.4GHz wireless controller frequency technology, the maneuverability and speed of SereneLife WiFi FPV Drone are accurate.
You can control the SereneLife Drone from your smartphone and enjoy a real-time feed. The captured images and videos are directly saved in your smartphone in MP4 (video) and JPG (image) formats. With its one-button take-off and one-button image and video capture features, this drone is very easy to use.
- Hassle-free operation
- Accurate maneuverability
- App available for Android and iPhone
- High-definition camera
- 120-degree wide angle
- Live feed video transmission
- Can be controlled via remote control or smartphone
- Altitude hold mode
- Easy to set up
- Can’t withstand strong breeze
- Short battery life
The SereneLife WiFi FPV Drone is a remarkable and budget-friendly photography drone for beginners and intermediate users. Its wireless controller technology makes it easy to fly as well as capture HD photos and videos.
The downside to this drone is that it can’t hold itself against the breeze. The battery can last for only 15 minutes too. Nevertheless, for an inexpensive drone, this SereneLife WiFi FPV Drone is a great deal.
The Potensic U36W Drone
- First Person View: Capture pristine HD aerial footage and photos, record all your wonderful time, enjoy real time beautiful scenery and live video feed in high-definition.(Download and Install "Flyingsee" in Google Play,FAA Registration NOT Required!)
- Altitude Hold Mode: When you release the throttle stick and the mini drone will be locked at a certain height, which makes controlling the drone much easier and stabilizes the camera for aerial photography and videography. Super suitable for beginners, kids and hobby users.
- Custom Flight Route Mode & Headless Mode: Draw your flight plan on the screen and the drone will pilot as the given route. Once activated, the pilot is able to fly the drone to any location without worry about which direction the drone is facing.
- APP Control and Gravity Induction Mode: You can also use your phone to control the drone, and the gravity induction mode allows you to fly your mini drone forward/backward, left/ right along with the direction you move your phone.
- One Key Take-off & Landing: The quadcopter will take off and hovers at a certain altitude or land gently on the ground automatically by pressing the button, makes the drone easier to fly and control for any level of players.
Do you want a better photography drone package? Then, this Potensic U36W Drone might be an excellent choice. It comes in a carrying case that contains all the essentials such as the drone with a camera, RC Quadcopter, SD card reader, USB battery charging cord, smartphone holder, user manual, and more.
The Potensic U36W Drone is equipped with altitude-hold technology that allows the drone to fly steadily at a specific altitude, so it is much easier to capture and record high-quality images and videos (720p). It is easy to operate and can flip at a 360-degree angle because of its 6-axis Gyro Control System. It can also survive crashes compared to other brands.
- Accurate image transmission
- Easy to operate
- Complete package
- Easy to set up
- App is easy to navigate
- Great for beginners
- Short battery life
- Can’t resist wind
The Potensic U36W Drone comes in a case with everything you need. It is great for beginners because it is easy to operate and its app is user-friendly too. The set up can be done in a minute. Taking photos and videos is easy because the drone can hold itself steadily at a certain altitude. It is durable and can resist breeze as well. Its only drawback is its short battery life and inability to withstand wind.
The Altair AA818 Plus Drone
- LONG FLIGHT TIME - The Altair 818 Hornet remote control beginner drone gets 15 minutes of flight time per battery and comes with 2 batteries in the box which gives you twice the flight to enjoy with your friends and family before recharging!
- STABLE FLIGHT, DURABLE CONSTRUCTION - This customized 818 Drone for kids and adults is very stable in the air because it has altitude hold and 1 button take off and landing to keep things simple so it's great for kids, beginners & the whole family!
- EASY TO FLY - The 818 Hornet has 3 controller skill settings so you can adjust to the pilot, take turns flying with brand new pilots and they'll love it! It's a great indoor drone as well so the fun never has to stop due to weather!
- AFFORDABLE CAMERA DRONE - Take live video and photography in first person view FPV with an fpv headset or your phone or tablet! The under $200 dollar price makes the Altair 818 Hornet camera drone one of the best drones for the money.
- THE ALTAIR PROMISE - The Altair brand based in the USA out of Lincoln, Nebraska stands for quality, integrity and service. We stand by our products with service and make sure spare parts are available. For Under $200 you're getting a great drone!
Photographers want a camera that can take high-definition images. At the same time, they also want to be able to take aerial shots without too much hassle. This is where the Altair AA818 Plus Drone comes in.
If you are not satisfied with the 1 MP cameras offered by the first two drones, you might want to consider the Altair AA818 Plus Drone. It has a wide-angle, 2 MP camera that can take images and videos with a 720p resolution.
The features are superb too! The Altair AA818 Plus Drone comes with three skill levels that suit all users and three flight modes such as altitude hole, headless mode, and one button take-off and landing. It can hold its place at a specific altitude so you can capture good quality images and videos.
- Suitable for all users
- Higher resolution
- Equipped with multiple skills settings
- Comes in complete package
- Automatic take-off
- Easy to use and set up
- Short battery life
The Altair AA818 Plus Drone can be used by both beginners and professionals, as well as kids and adult drone enthusiasts. It has more features compared to other basic drones, such as the fact that it has three skill levels and three flight modes. These features make it the drone of choice for flyers of any level and flying reference.
With all these features, there is no wonder Altair A8818 Plus Drone costs more than the other drones on this list. Nevertheless, if you look at the drone market, this is actually among the most cost-effective drones of today.
Looking at the above-listed drones for photography, we can clearly see that all of them are suitable for all kinds of users. They also feature an altitude hold mode, which allows them to capture good-quality images and videos easily. The drone industry must improve on battery life, though, because most drones today only last for around 15 minutes.
If you are on a budget, the SereneLife WiFi FPV Drone is an excellent choice. Although it is not breeze-resistant and has an average built, it comes with basic functions and features that are very practical for taking photos and videos. It is easy to navigate and transmits real-time videos too.
All in all, the Altair AA818 Plus Drone stands out as well. This is because of its multiple skill level, flying modes, and higher camera resolution. All of these features combined make it more expensive than the other drones, yet more effective too.