Best FPV Drone: Know What It Feels Like to be in Control
Are you looking for the best FPV drone? FPV drones or those that provide a first-person view are one of the most in-demand types of drones these days. This is probably because of people’s fascination and frustration when it comes to flying vehicles themselves, as well as the popularity of 3D, 4D, and even 5D experiences.
Drones that are capable of providing good-quality FPV give the users the ability to experience how to fly a vehicle, even if it is just a small drone. The real-time transmission from the camera of the FPV drone to the connected mobile device of the user allows the user to see what the drone “sees”, getting them immersed in the flying experience.
Best FPV Drone: The Contenders
Below, three products are reviewed in order to determine which one is the best drone that would be able to satisfy every user’s first-person view expectations.
1. Holy Stone F181W FPV Drone
- 120° FOV HD Wifi CAMERA: Equipped with the newest 720P 120° Wide-angle HD Wifi Camera, which allows you to take high-res pictures & video during flight.
- FPV REAL-TIME TRANSMITTION: With the built-in WiFi module, you can see exactly what your camera sees with a live video on your mobile device by installing the APP.
- AUTOMATIC ALTITUDE HOLD: Powerful air pressure altitude hold function allows you to release the throttle stick and the drone will keep hovering at the current height. Easy for you to shoot quality images or videos.
- EASY SAFE AND FUN TO PLAY FOR BEGINNERS: Built-in the latest 6-axis flight control systems offer strong stability, easily implement various flight movements, stronger wind resistance; Headless mode eliminates need to adjust aircraft position before flight & improves learning curve.
- DOUBLE FLIGHT TIME: Includes 2 strong powerful 3.7V 750 mAh LiPo batteries to extend the fun! FAA Registration NOT Required.
The very first thing you would probably notice about this FPV drone is its appearance. It looks sleek in black, and the propeller protection frames are only a half circle, making it look like a legit unmanned aerial vehicle instead of a toy.
Taking a closer look, one would discover that it is more than what meets the eye. It has a good-quality camera, WiFi connection, powerful motor, and all the other features and functionalities that make up an awesome drone-flying experience. It takes high-quality videos and images using its 120-degree 720P FOV HD WiFi camera.
The best thing about this is that it provides the user with the most real FPV or First-Person View experience. What does this mean? This means that the user can see exactly what the camera is capturing because of the built-in WiFi module, which is so good, there is no connection lag at all. The transmission is real-time, perfect for live coverage of events.
Aside from being useful for professionals, this drone is also great for beginners because of its automatic altitude hold, one-key return, and headless control. It does not need any complicated setup or positioning before take off.
More than that, it also features the six gyro technology, which helps with flight stability and flight movement. This allows the drone to resist strong winds.
The package comes with two 3.7 V 750mAh LiPo batteries, which charges for about 70 to 90 minutes and run for 10 minutes each. Aside from the drone and its remote control, other parts include the rotating blades, protection frames, landing skids, phone holder, TF card, SD card reader, charging cables, and other gears, screws, screwdriver, and user manual.
- Transmits signal to up to 100 meters
- 1280 x 720p recording mode for high-quality videos
- No FAA registration needed
- Both for personal and professional use
- Has adjustable LED lights
- Performs 3D flips
- Long charging time
- Has delicate parts
- Limited range of connection between drone and remote control
The Holy Stone F181W FPV Drone is a decent drone for its price. Its look and feel give the users an impression that it is one of the most expensive drones on the market. It has all the features both a novice and a professional would look for, but there are still some points that can be improved, such as the range of connection between the drone and the remote control.
2. Force1 Drone with Camera
- MAKE MEMORIES with YOUR HD DRONE WITH CAMERA: Capture cool aerial photos and video with your HD video drone with camera; This iPhone compatible rc drone easily connects to Android and iPhones to grab stable 720p hover drone footage
- EASY TO FLY CAMERA DRONES FOR BEGINNERS with LONG RANGE: 3 speeds and 1-key control make this remote control drone for teenagers, kids and adults almost too easy to fly; Fly this outdoor indoor drone safely with its out of range alarm and bumpers
- FLY LONGER with A SUPERIOR TOY DRONE for KIDS and GROWN UP "KIDS": FPV drone includes an extra battery (up to 30 min. total flying time), spare motors and 2.4Ghz controller; No FAA registration required
- QUADCOPTER with CAMERA and ALL THE EXTRAS: Drones for kids and adults hardly ever have the latest features but this camera drone helicopter is stacked with Altitude Hold, Headless Mode, Full Trim and Real Time WiFi FPV
- PERFECT CHRISTMAS GIFT for BOYS, MEN and TEENAGERS with ASSURED QUALITY: Fly happy this holiday season with this Force1 drone with camera live video feed; We're happy to provide a full refund on these toys for boys and girls if you're not satisfied with our top drones with cameras
The first thing that would catch your attention about this product is its custom route mode. Unlike other drones that are only controlled via the remote control, this function allows the user to draw a route onto the connected mobile device (while on the app), which the drone simply follows.
Just like the first one, this Force1 Drone has a 720P HD camera that connects with WiFi, providing a real-time feed of what the camera is capturing. The connected mobile device can then save it for future use.
Aside from that, it also has altitude hold and headless mode for those who are just starting out. For even more ease of use, it has a one-key return and take-off function too!
There are a few other things that make this drone stand out. Force1 knows that WiFi connection and camera use drain the battery easily, so they also provide a bonus battery and a spare motor (for when the first one gets too hot already) for a total of 30 minutes flying time. It also has three different speed modes to match the skills of the flyer.
- Mobile phone controls
- High-quality materials used
- Comes with a lot of extras
- Has different speed modes
- Transmission is not real-time
- Has no night illumination
- The color can still be improved
The company that sells this drone is one of the most responsive to customers because they know what extras their customers really need and want. These value-added features make this product worth the price. The only drawback it has is that, depending on the distance and quality of the connection, the transmission may not be real-time, so it may or may not be considered an FPV drone.
3. Potensic T25 Drone
- Dual GPS: GPS positioning + GLONASS positioning provide you with accurate positioning details of your drone. Also able to provide with automatic return, low power return and no signal return.
- Follow Me Mode: Follow to the GPS in your smartphone, ensuring your drone automatically follows and captures you wherever you go.
- All-Round Functions: Headless mode, altitude hold and one key takeoff / landing for easier operation, no need to worry about orientation and with a simple press on the button your drone will rise to a height or land, perfect for beginners.
- 1080P(Need SD Card) HD Wi-Fi Camera: 90° Adjustable angle, captures high-quality video and aerial photos. Possessing 1080P HD camera, high-speed picture transmission without delay. It records all your wonderful time, you only need enjoy real time beautiful scenery.
- Farther Control Distance: Can up to 300m, you can see a wider world and enjoy a more pleasant flight experience.
This drone from Potensic boasts an amazing GPS feature. Once connected to the device, it can be set to follow the location of the device, thanks to its GLONASS positioning. In the same manner, the user can easily locate it when it gets lost.
For your peace of mind, it is also can also be set to return automatically when there is no signal or battery power anymore. Unlike the rest of the drones, its transmission reaches up to 300 meters. This means that the user is provided a wider scope of sights to see and a better flying experience.
The 1080p camera helps as well since it has a 90-degree adjustable angle and takes high-quality aerial videos and pictures. It has high-speed transmission (although not real-time) and can record everything and save it to the connected mobile device or to an SD card.
Just like the rest of the drone models, it has a headless function, holds altitude, and takes off and lands using one button. It is perfect for both beginners and professionals alike.
- Available in both black and white
- The angle of the camera is adjustable
- Easy to set up and use
- Impressive GPS functions
- Does not have propeller protection
- Most expensive among the three
- Shorter battery life
The Potensic T25 Drone is an awesome UAV given all its GPS and camera features as well as its many other functionalities. However, also because of these awesome tech features, the battery life suffers and drains easily.
The best FPV drone among the three is undoubtedly the Force1 Drone with Camera. It may not look and feel it, but in terms of overall value for money, it is simply the most worth it.
While it may not be the most affordable drone out there, the extras that come with the package make it all worth it. It is also not too “advanced” that the battery life suffers. The Force1 Drone with Camera provides a decent FPV experience too.