Best Racing Drones: Give in to Your Need for Speed
These days, drones serve a lot of purposes. Gone are the times when they are only used exclusively either for work or for play. That is the reason why there are hundreds and thousands of models on the market. Some like their drone simple while others want to get the best racing drone, which is what we are going to focus on today.
Best Racing Drone: The Contenders
For our quest today, we will look at three of the best drones used for racing. We will take a close look at each one’s features, pros, and cons in order to decide which is the best among the best.
1. Holy Stone HS230 Racing Drone
- 5.8G FPV REAL TIME TRANSMISSION: Due to the 5.8GHz Analog Signal and 2.4GHz operating frequency, the live video can be transmitted quite fluently and quickly. You can watch the video on the LCD Screen and record or take photos with stable signal and far transmission distance.
- 120° WIDE-ANGLE 720P HD MODULAR CAMERA: Equipped with the advanced camera, you can record and take beautiful, high definition and memorable videos and pictures at a special angle. Modular camera is easy to install and move.
- HIGH SPEED RACING DRONE: Not For Beginners. Powerful motors installed for quick acceleration; the highest speed can reach 45km/h within seconds No Auto Hovering.
- HEADLESS MODE AND 3D FLIP: Making flying easier and no worry about drone direction when flying. The drone can entertain you with its powerful 3D Rolls by pressing only one button. Bring more happiness to you.
- MODULAR BONUS BATTERIES: There are 2 powerful modular batteries with 2 USB charging cables for the HS230 racing drone and 1 strong battery with 1 charging cable for the transmitter. You can enjoy longer flying time.
This drone from Holy Stone is definitely not recommended for beginners. It may look like a regular camera drone with WiFi, but it does not have an altitude hold and auto hovering features. Hence, it could overwhelm first-time drone flyers.
This drone runs on a motor that is so powerful it could fly at the speed of 45 kilometers per hour. The motor is designed for high-speed acceleration, making this device a legit racing drone.
Aside from its speed, Holy Stone also boasts of its remote control that has an LCD screen. There is no need for the user to connect it with a mobile device to experience first-person view. The transmission is also something to note because it uses 5.8 analog signal and 2.4 GHz frequency, which allows the user to see real-time what the camera is capturing.
As for the other hardware, its camera is a 120-degree 720p high-definition moving modular camera that is able to capture and record high-quality images and videos. It comes with two modular batteries and two charging cables to provide longer flying time.
This drone also has powerful LED lights perfect for night flying and racing. There is also a low power indicator to let the user know when it is time to recharge the battery. This also prevents the accidental crashes that may damage the drone.
Though it is not for beginners, there is still the option for a headless mode, which is very helpful. When racing, this makes the take-off direction one less thing to worry about. The 3D rolls that the drone can perform are perfect for exhibitions and for doing victory backflips to celebrate winning the race.
- Has protection against accidental crash landings
- Comes with spare propellers
- Multi-function remote control with LCD
- LED indicator lights help with navigation
- Modular design allows for easy setup and use
- Can be hard to handle and fly
- Not child-friendly
The Holy Stone HS230 Racing Drone is a real racing drone. Its setbacks show that it is not for beginners and for those who do not have enough experience in racing. Even if it has a headless mode, it still is difficult to fly for novice flyers because it does not have altitude hold. However, even those with a bit of experience feel that it is difficult to control at first.
2. Swagtron SwagDrone 210-UP Racing Drone
- WATCH YOUR FLIGHT - Pair a compatible device with the FPV capable drone to view real-time HD video feed via 8 available channels - RTF right out of the box. No assembly required.
- FLY HIGH & LOW - The FPV capable racing drone uses a 5.8G mushroom antennae & dual receivers for an amazing 800m transmission range
- ADVANCED CAMERA - A 700TVL camera offers up a 120° Field of View for clearer, wider views while you fly
- NIGHT VISION - The SwagDrone 210-UP offers stunning night vision for visibility at night or other low light conditions
- EMERGENCY FEATURES - Toggle on the locator alarm to locate drones & handle all emergencies with a kill switch & failsafe
Just based on its looks that resembles a fighter jet, the Swagtron SwagDrone 210-UP Racing Drone can bring home the bacon. The black color also makes it look like it is not giving other drones any chance of winning.
This drone’s 700TVL camera with night vision capability is also able to provide 120 degrees field of view. Its transmission can reach up to 800 meters, which is an amazing feat as all drone flyers would know.
The Swagtron SwagDrone 210-Up is one of the lightest drones available on the market. This is because it is made up of durable carbon fiber frame that does not only protects it from crash landings but also makes it fly swiftly in the air with improved aerodynamics.
However, also because of its weight, strong winds may easily blow it to a different direction. Nevertheless, it has a locator alarm that is part of its emergency features together with the switch kill.
This drone can be used by beginners because it has different flight modes. It can go slower or faster depending on the preference of the user. It is versatile and can easily be paired with a mobile device to be used for aerial viewing or shooting.
- High-quality materials
- Versatile and adjustable
- Operates within a wider range
- Uses mushroom antenna for improved connectivity
- May look intimidating and complicated to set up
- Spare parts can be hard to find
This drone is, first and foremost, a racing drone. Its speed and appearance make it a threat to all other competing drones. The advance racing features of this drone, such as the night vision function of the camera and locator alarms, make it such an awesome toy for the big boys.
However, it is not for beginners. Users can have some fun with it especially when they have gotten the hang of flying this one.
3. DEERC Quadcopter Racing Drone
- Agile and Incredible Speed: Responds fluidly to the remote and goes from 0 to 30mph high speed in a second, excellent racing drone for entry-level
- Never Worry about Crashing: The drone made of durable materials, protect it from those inevitable crashes and collisions
- Double Batteries: Comes with 2PCS of Modular Li-Po Battery double your flight time. Total flight time up to 20 mins
- Headless Mode for Beginners: Enable pilot to fly the drone to any location without worry about its direction
- 3D Rolling: Press one key 360° roll, continuous roll for perfect actionand wonderful performance
The DEERC Quadcopter may look like your regular FPV drone for fun, but this bad boy can fly as fast as 50 kilometers or 30 miles per hour. This is one of the most sought-after, entry-level racing drones for beginners. Though it can be fast, it still has the headless mode and can still do 3D rolls just like regular UAVs.
Its black and yellow color makes it perfect for night flying. It also has night flight mode that comes with night vision and strategically-located LED lights. It is specifically made for users’ flying enjoyment day or night because it does not have other distractions such as a camera or WiFi connection.
Nevertheless, it has one of the most useful features, which is the low power alert. It gives warning sounds to let the user know that it is time for the drone to go back.
This drone is made of high-quality and durable materials that make it withstand accidental crash landings and collisions with harder objects. It comes with two batteries for longer flying fun. These two batteries give a total of 20 minutes flying time.
- A basic drone that serves its purpose
- Long-lasting battery
- Both for beginners and drone racers
- Prevents getting itself lost
- Not for people who want other features like camera and WiFi connectivity
- Has short battery life considering it does not have a lot of features and functionalities
This drone is perfect for someone who only wants to fly and race. While it has lots of features and functionalities, when put in simple words, this drone is affordable, not too complicated, and gets the job done.
For users who have the needs for speed, the best racing drone in this list would be the Swagtron SwagDrone 210-UP Racing Drone. Just by looking at it, one can tell that it can fly and fly fast. It has a sleek design that makes it look intimidating for some, but challenging and interesting for real drone racers.
In addition, it has all the other features such as HD camera, WiFi connectivity, and LED lights, which make it a versatile racing drone. It is beginner-friendly but could be a beast in the airway when the situation calls for it.