Cheerwing CW4 RC Drone Review
Have you been wanting to include aerial shots to your travel videos? If you are a beginner in this league, you might want to invest in inexpensive drone models such as the Cheerwing CW4 RC Drone.
Instead of attaching your own camera to the drone, this one already includes a 2MP HD camera with 720P and a movie resolution of 1280 x 720 at 30fps. This specification is great enough to elevate your photos and videos, making them look more stunning and from a different perspective.
And since you are new to this kind of adventure, the Cheerwing CW4 RC Drone features a function for a quick takeoffs and landings. In fact, you can do all these things with just one touch. Indeed, you do not have to master the skill before you enjoy taking videos while flying a drone.
Aside from this, you also have a headless mode option to ensure continuous flight even if the fuselage direction is not recognizable. Meanwhile, for constant stability, the hover or altitude mode function is simple to adjust or manipulate.
Lastly, this ready-to-fly drone package has everything you need to start your first flight, including the 2 lithium polymer batteries for the drone and a USB cable for charging.
- A ready-to-fly (RTF) drone that is complete with all the necessary things for flying the drone
- Maximum flight time is 8 minutes
- Maximum control distance is 50 meters
- Has a built-in forward facing 2MP HD camera with 720P and a movie resolution of 1280 x 720 at 30fps and an amazing color and white balance
- Includes a 4GB removable Micro SD memory card for storing videos and photos of aerial shots
- Features one-key takeoff function for faster and easier drone takeoffs
- Features one-touch down function for faster and easier drone landing as well as to protect the drone from accidental crash when power is low
- Features headless mode and 360° roll to make maneuvering or shifting to other direction easier
- Features altitude mode or hover function that automatically stabilizes shots for perfect aerial photography
- What’s in the box: CW4 quadcopter, 2.4Ghz controller, (2) 500mAh lithium polymer batteries, USB battery charger, Micro-SD card, card reader, (4) spare propellers, and a user manual
- Note: 4 triple A batteries are needed for the controller (not included in the package)
What makes a beginner drone the best is its ease of use. Whether photography and videography are just a hobby of yours or not, it is important to choose a drone that will help you easily take good shots.
When it comes to the factors mentioned, one of the brands that people are looking to at this time is the Cheerwing CW4 RC Drone.
This product is loaded with great features that you can also find in high-end drones or drones used by professionals. But this one is so affordable and durable, which makes it worth more than the money you are paying. It is ideal for beginners because it is an RTF kind of drone kit.
In other words, all the things you need to fly a drone are included. So, forget about buying an action camera because this one already has a built-in front-facing camera.
Just because the camera is included doesn’t mean it is low quality. In fact, you will be amazed by how clear the pictures from a 2MP HD camera are. It has 1280 × 720 screen resolution that records at 30fps.
The result is a clear footage with the right color and white balance settings. Though the product description says it is front facing, the camera can actually do 360° roll or flip. You can experiment with different tricks by just doing different combinations using the joystick.
Aside from this, you can also utilize the headless mode. This means that you can direct the drone in any direction regardless of which way the drone is facing.
This drone has more features that make it so easy to operate. You can safely launch and land the drone with just one touch of a key.
Furthermore, you can also take videos and photos like a pro all thanks to the altitude-mode function. All your footage will be stable and smooth.
One of the major drawbacks of this drone is the distance it can cover. While the product description says it can be controlled up to 50 meters, customers observed that it can only go as high as 16 meters. This means you cannot use it for wider or larger areas.
Aside from this, the controller is not very responsive. There are even times that the drone will fly in a different direction, even if the user is not controlling it.
The Cheerwing CW4 RC Drone is no doubt a great beginner drone to choose. It has so many features that are very useful. It is also durable enough to endure a sudden crash if one touchdown function fails. The camera is also superb.